29. Strewn Winery 1339 Lakeshore Road, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario 905-468-1229 www.strewnwinery.com (W)Gewurztraminer 1999 (R)Cabernet Sauvignon
32. Sunnybrook Farm Estate Winery 1425Lakeshore Road, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario 905-468-1122 www.sunnybrookfarmwinery.com Award winning fruit based vintages from Niagaras renowned orchards. Redhaven Peach (1), Apple (1), Blueberry (4)
36. Reif Estate Winery 15608 Niagara Parkway Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario 905-468-7738 www.reifwinery.com (W)Premium Select Chardonnay 2002 (R)Cabernet Merlot 2002
37. Inniskillin Wines Line 3 at the Niagara Parkway Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario 905-468-3554 www.inniskillian.com (W)Schuele Vineyard Chardonnay 2000 (R)Meritage Reserve 1999
39. Riverview Cellars Winery 15376 Niagara Parkway Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario 905-262-0636 www.riverviewcellars.com (W)Vidal 2000 (R)Salvatores Reserve Cabernet Franc 2001 The Niagara-on-the-Lake tour is a must see for any traveler interested in the finer things life has to offer. The beautiful ride along the Niagara Parkway starts by turning right at the Peace Bridge. In addition to the exquisite homes along the river, the touristy attractions including Niagara Falls, and the ample orchards and fruit stands, one has the opportunity to sample some of the best wines in the region. With the current exchange rate, the tour is packed with great values. (My red and white reconditions are listed after each winery address.) Between tasting wines, strolling the Niagara-on-the-Lake main thoroughfares is a delight. Quaint shops and people watching is the order of the day. Its especially interesting with a nice buzz. Remember to bring your wallet. If youre hungry before or after the tour, I suggest the Oban Inn. Although we had a marvelous snack at the pub (we split a hummus/tapinade appetizer and a club sandwich), the main restaurant is lovely and highly recommended. Calling for reservations is suggested especially during the Shaw Festival season. Look for my review in an upcoming issue of Alt Press.